Join our team in Equatorial Guinea
The job serves as a Commercial Advisor who will take a supporting and eventually a lead role in drafting, negotiating and day-to-day management of commercial agreements between Marathon E.G. Production Ltd (MEGPL) and State entities (e.g. MMH, Sonagas, GEPetrol), or between MEGPL and private/related counterparties (e.g. Co-ventures, EG LNG, AMPCO, other operators).
The Commercial Advisor will ensure the contracts are in line with MEGPL’s strategy, and be the key interface with internal stakeholders (in Malabo and Houston) to secure their advice or approval, as needed. This will include ensuring that negotiated agreements meet Marathon Oil’s (anti-corruption) compliance standards, as well as commercial and financial thresholds. The role will include: a) Handling correspondence between MEGPL and the State and other related parties; b) Providing guidance on commercial matters to other MEGPL departments, Senior Management, co-ventures and external stakeholders; c) Providing/coordinating input into business plans, external presentations and annual budgets, and working with State entities and co-ventures to secure budget approvals; d) Representing MEGPL at relevant external meetings.
- Support and eventually lead the drafting, negotiating and day-to-day management of commercial agreements. Make sure all agreements comply with corporate strategy and (anti-corruption) compliance policies
- Provide commercial advice to internal stakeholders
- Provide input into business plans, annual budgets and external presentations
- Handle relevant legal and commercial correspondence for MEGPL including but not limited to drafting, transcribing and proofreading (confidential) documents both written and electronic in Spanish and English.
- To be conversant with MEGPL’s economic assumptions underlying all agreements, as well as the annual work program and budget, and to ensure MEGPL’s interests are adequately protected and promoted in dealings with counterparties.
- Support the preparation of internal/external commercial and business strategy presentations.
- Work closely with the External Affairs department, to ensure consistent messaging to the State entities.
- Support the implementation of MEGPL’s Business Management System (BMS), working closely with other departments.
Department: General Manager
Education: Bachelor in Business Administration, Law or equivalent is required.
Related Work Experience: 5 years in similar positions
- Microsoft Office
- Fluent in English and Spanish
Recruitment Sourcing: Internal and External
Posting Timeline: March 8, 2021 until the vacancy closes.
Contact: If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV to: email@example.com
General Summary: Part of the MEGPL Senior Management Team. Manages the MEGPL HES (Health, Environment and Safety) Department, Fire Fighting Team, HES Training Team. Provides support and consultation on HES/Emergency Response matters to the RVP and other MEGPL Management team. Provides leadership, guidance and support to implement the Responsible Operations Management System, with a focus on elements related to HES, and emergency preparedness. Drives for proper field implementation of ROMS requirements and drives for continuous improvement and alignment with corporate standards and best industry practices. Chairperson of the Workforce Safety Committee. Provides oversight and support to the Process Safety Management (Technical Safety).Maintains Incident Command System and Emergency Operations Center. Works closely with Punta Europa HES Managers to maintain alignment with HES practices and consistent implementation of HES procedures.
- Manage HES/HES Training/Fire Department personnel.
- Act as the subject matter expert in Occupational Safety with knowledge of Occupational Health, Environmental Management, Process Safety, Emergency response.
- Maintain the Management System (ROMS) and update procedures.
- Develop Procedure to meet corporate expectations and best industry practices and are important to manage the risk of the organization.
- Maintain HES systems to meet EG Government regulatory requirements.
- Establish programs to reduce risk to as low as reasonably achievable.
- Establish HES goals and KPIs and set strategies to meet set goals and KPIs.
- Manage and maintain the HES Training Programs, to achieve high level of personnel HES awareness and competency.
Department: Health, Environment, Safety
Education: A minimum of Bachelor degree in safety engineering or related field. Master degree in Health, Environment or Safety or related field is a plus.
Engineering degrees can be accepted if coupled with experience AND HES related Professional Certification.
Related Work Experience:
- Minimum of 15-year experience in the refining, petrochemical or LNG industry, of which 5 are directly in a HES Manager role.
- Knowledge of both onshore and offshore operations.
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations.
- Additional mechanical construction experience is a plus
- Understands management systems and has worked with a robust management system.
- Involved in statistical analysis and planning.
Recruitment Sourcing: Internal and External
Posting Timeline: February 5, 2021 until the vacancy closes.
Contact: If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV to: Egrecruitment@marathonoil.com