Marathon Oil conducts our business with a high regard for our neighbors, communities, employees, contractors, suppliers and the environment.
We work with stakeholders to understand how our operations impact local communities, and address existing social issues primarily related to education and health, in partnership with community organizations. Our activities in 2017 included:
- Engaging elected officials, regulators, business leaders, industry and other stakeholders in our U.S. unconventional resource plays to understand and mitigate issues related to increased industry activity levels.
- Connecting with landowners through our asset land professionals, who strive to communicate proactively and address issues quickly.
- Establishing and holding four meetings with our CAP (Citizen Advisory Panel) in the South Texas Eagle Ford play.
- Engaging with the Three Affiliated Tribes on the Fort Berthold Indian Reservation and other stakeholders in our North Dakota Bakken asset.
- Implementing a stakeholder relations plan and holding open houses in our Oklahoma Resource Basins asset.
- Helping create a pathway to success for children we hope can be a part of our future workforce. We focused our social investments on the Barbara Bush Houston Literacy Foundation, food banks in the communities where we live and work, Reasoning Mind, Communities in Schools and Books for Bioko.
Featured This Year
Marathon Oil uses well-established business processes to evaluate climate change risk in our investment decisions, and engages with external stakeholders to understand their perspectives.
Marathon Oil and our workforce were deeply affected by the record-shattering storm. But we cared for each other, our neighbors and communities, while continuing critical business functions and safeguarding our South Texas Eagle Ford asset.
Digital Oilfield Capabilities
We’re expanding digital oilfield capabilities throughout our U.S. unconventional resource plays. They’re allowing us to automate field operations, transmit and manage large amounts of data, perform site and equipment surveillance remotely, and analyze and optimize operations.
Since 2002, Marathon Oil has been the operator of a world-class integrated gas business in Equatorial Guinea. We’re striving to bring progress, opportunities and national capacity to the community and host nation, while building long-term shareholder value.